Recovery at Dayton set to launch first of its kind program in Rhea County
Last year a group of people from around Rhea County began meeting together regularly to discuss how to address the great need in our community for people struggling with life’s problems. Whether it be an addiction they have or a family member has, grief, pain or loss they need to process, co-dependency or sexual integrity, we knew that something needed to be done to help connect people to hope and point them to freedom.
Soon a partnership was formed with a proven network in Recovery at Cokesbury out of Knoxville, a place where thousands have found hope and freedom from life hurts, habits and hang ups over the past 11 years. We are thrilled to announce that out of this partnership, Recovery at Dayton was born, and will be launching officially on Thursday, January 8, 2015.
Here are a few things we want you to know about Recovery at Dayton:
- You don’t need to be a Christian to come here. In fact, you don’t even need believe in God. You could have a negative relationship with God, for that matter. We just hope you’ll keep coming back, because we do believe you’ll encounter Jesus in this place and your life will be forever changed.
- Come as you are! This is a safe place where you will not be judged.
- Come and eat! Free meal is provided every Thursday starting at 6PM. The serving line will close at 6:50. Our opening night will be a special meal, so come hungry!
- Stay for inspiring, uplifting, recovery related worship and teaching. Our live band will rock the house and the weekly messages will inspire you to take steps towards freedom and wholeness. This service will begin at 7PM each Thursday night.
- Get plugged into a group. Stay for one of our many open share groups led by trained facilitators. We have groups for chemically dependent men and women, grief and loss for men and women, family support, and men seeking sexual integrity. Groups begin at 8:15 and will not run beyond 9:30PM.
- Childcare is lovingly provided!
Here are some important dates and links:
Jan. 8th – Official Launch Date. Dinner line opens at 6PM.
Mountain View UMC at 124 Shasta Ave, Dayton, TN
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/recoveryatdayton
Phone: (423) 331-0639
We are so excited to offer this life-changing ministry to Rhea County. We hope you will help us spread the word by sharing this as well as liking our Facebook page. Be on the lookout for radio spots and billboards going up soon. And most of all, we hope to see you Thursday, Jan. 8 for our launch!
With hope and love,
Recovery at Dayton Team