Senator Yager releases powerful line-up of speakers for free Grants Conference at Roane State Community College
(NASHVILLE, TN), September 8, 2016 — State Senator Ken Yager (R-Kingston) today released a line-up of speakers for his annual free Grant Conference. The purpose of the conference is to improve opportunities for local citizens, organizations and governments to find and tap into a wide variety of grant funds available to them.
“The lineup for this year’s grants conference is the strongest ever,” said Senator Yager.
“We are fortunate to have the state grant decision makers who will offer tips to have a competitive application. We just want to remind citizens and organizations of this free conference and let them know about the powerful line-up of speakers we have coming in to help them access available funds.”
The conference will be held on Wednesday, September 21st at Roane State Community College, at 276 Patton Lane in Harriman in the O’Brien Theatre from 8:30 am until 1:30 pm EST. Check-in for the event begins at 8:00 am EST.
The conference is free of charge but attendees should R.S.V.P. by calling (615) 741-1449 (toll free at 449-TENN ext. 11449) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Those with questions may also call that number.
The agenda is:
8:00-8:30 Check In
8:30-8:45 Introductions and Welcome
- Senator Ken Yager Master of Ceremonies Dr. Chris Whaley- President of Roane State
8:45-9:30 Development Districts Panel Discussion and Q &A
- East Tennessee Terry Bobrowski Facilitator
- Upper Cumberland Mark Farley (Invited)
- Southeast Beth Jones (Invited)
9:30-10:00 Non Profits – East Tennessee Foundation
- Jackie Lane Vice President for Communications
10:00-10:30 Historic Preservation and Libraries
- Patrick McIntyre, Executive Director and Preservation Officer TN Historical Commission, Facilitator
- Myers Brown Archivist, Archives Development Program TN State Library
- Cindy Boshears, Cong. Fleischman’s office, will be available for questions
10:45-11:00 Federal Grants
- USDA Chuck Morris, Business Programs Specialist
- TEMA Patrick C. Sheehan, Director (Invited)
11:00-12:00 Panel on State Grants
TN Dept of Environment & Conservation
- April Johnson East TN Recreational Services Coordinator
TN Dept of Transportation
- Whitney Sullivan, Manager of Local Programs Economic and Community Development
- Brooxie Carlton, Assistant Commissioner for Rural Development
12:00-12:30 Mental Health and Substance Abuse, Public Health
- Doug Varney, Commissioner TN Dept of Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- Jeremy P. Davis, Assistant Commissioner, Department of Health
- Deputy Governor Jim Henry (Invited)