Lion Junior Midfielder Totals 8 Goals, 4 Assists on Week
DAYTON, Tenn. – On Monday, the league announced the fifth edition of the Appalachian Athletic Conference soccer players of the week awards, and earning the AAC Men’s Soccer Offensive Player of the Week honor was Bryan College’s Jonathan Ricketts. This marked the first time of his career that the junior midfielder and Dayton, Tenn. native has won the weekly title.
AAC Offensive Player of the Week
Jonathan Ricketts – Bryan – Jr. – Dayton, Tenn.
• Helped Bryan to a 2-0 record on the week.
• The Lions improved to 3-3-2 overall and 1-1-1 in conference play.
• Found the back of the net once and tallied one assist, as Bryan raced past Life University 3-1.
• Continued his hot streak with a hat trick and one assist in the team’s 6-0 shutout of Columbia International.
• He has scored in four straight matches, totaling 7 goals during that stretch.
• Leads the team with 8 goals on the year.
• His 8 goals rank him 2nd in the AAC and 16th in the NAIA.
• His 4 assists on the season tie him for 2nd on the team and 3rd in the conference.
Team Record: Week: 2-0 Overall: 3-3-2
Opponent Site W/L Score Goals Assists Points
Life (Ga.) A W 3-1 1 1 3
Columbia International (S.C.) H W 6-0 3 1 7
Totals: 4 2 10
Averages: 2.00 1.00 5.00
Previous Player of the Week award winners
Week 1 – Torge Wiedenroth, Reinhardt (Defensive); Harry Baggaley, Tennessee Wesleyan (Offensive)
Week 2 – Torge Wiedenroth, Reinhardt (Defensive); Roberto Garrido, Milligan (Offensive)
Week 3 – Pedro Muller Moreira, Union (Defensive); Harry Baggaley, Tennessee Wesleyan (Offensive)
Week 4 – Victor Profit, Reinhardt (Defensive); Juan Gomez, Point (Offensive)
Week 5 – Filipe Barateiro, Union (Defensive); Jonathan Ricketts, Bryan (Offensive)