Bryan standout Brandon Cole earns 10th AAC Player of the Week Award
Dayton, Tenn. – The year ended just as it began for the all-time leading scorer and rebounder for the Bryan Lions Men’s Basketball team, Brandon Cole. At the start of the year, the league announced the 1st edition of the weekly awards for Players of the Week for the 2015-16 season, and Cole earned the honors after averaging 32.3 points and 12.7 rebounds per game to help Bryan to a 2-1 record on the week. He notched two double-doubles and scored at least 30 points in each game (high of 35).
Today, the league announced the 12th and final edition of the weekly awards for the Player of the Week for the 2015-16 season, and Cole received the honors.
AAC Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
Brandon Cole – 6-2 – Sr. – Center – Crossville, Tenn.
Team Record – Week: 1-1 Overall: 13-14
- Averaged 30 points per game and recorded 16 total rebounds in the two-game span, helping Bryan to a 1-1 record.
- Registered his 14th game with at least 30 points this season in a 96-89 win over Milligan College.
- Finished the week 21-for-32 from the floor for an impressive 65.6 shooting percentage.
- Went 18-for-23 from the foul line (78.3 percent) and knocked down 12-of-14 free throws against Truett-McConnell College.
- Leads the NAIA Division II in points per game (29.03), total scoring (784), and ranks 5th in total rebounds per game (10.85).
- This is the second time this season Cole has received the award and tenth in his career.